Damage spells?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damage spells?

Post  Micha_Amasai on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:59 pm

I have a question about damage spells... is there a way to cast for more damage? I'm noticed in some chapters that some damage is being cast for higher damage then the standard One example is Dragon's Breath? I heard it thrown at like 100 something?

Just wondering?

Naringal Guildmaster
Apprentice to Lord E'nick of Avalon's Crown
Eldest of the Amasai
Knight of Naringal

Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why.
Micha_Amasai

View user profile http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Damage spells

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Michael,

No their isn't a way to increase the damage of your spells, there might be a LCO playtest that they are using. You may see something like this happen but we will have a ingame reason for it. It would be a non traveling effect, but currently right now a Dragon's Breath only does 40 points of damage.

~T
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://swvnero.super-forum.net

Back to top Go down

other questions

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:42 am

Some more questions about magic items. If I some how get a magic endowed ring that has 5 heal wounds spells inbided into it, can I use it to heal my self even though I can't perform any magic? Or would it take an earth mage to activate? Is there a way to embibe a ring or charm with a damage aura so that it harmed undead? I know Terik would love to have one of those.
Arvil Boulderbreaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Damage spells?

Post  Micha_Amasai on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:03 am

I believe.....

If yes if you have a magic ring with a cure light wounds spell in it you could use it on yourself.... as a magic item, you would "Activate" then the spell incant to use the item, even if you didn't have a magic abilities..... you may have to have a caster identify the object before thou.

so example to use a Ring with a cure light spell...... "Activate, I call upon the earth to cure light wounds 5" which would cure you if you where touching yourself with a packet, or throw to packet at a target....

For you second part.... I would believe YES you could get such an item for a damage aura, but unsure how?

Naringal Guildmaster
Apprentice to Lord E'nick of Avalon's Crown
Eldest of the Amasai
Knight of Naringal

Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why.
Micha_Amasai

View user profile http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Questions

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 am

Adam and Michael,

Adam, Michael is correct about how to use a ring that has been enchanted with a cure spell, you must say "activate I call upon the earth to curelight wounds 5" and you must have a spell packet.

Now for damage auras that hurt undead there isn't a aura that effects all undead more then any other. Some creatures have weakness to fire stone and lightning very rarely ice thou. I have heard of some artifacts or LCO magical items that did do earth damage and they always seemed to do double to undead. This of course would take a long time to discover how to make one or to find one as they are beyond rare.

I hope this helps you you guys both have fun this weekend hope to see you at the Nov 28th one day!

~T
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://swvnero.super-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Damage spells?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top