Ruling Call please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ruling Call please

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:51 pm

I was so confused as of last game in the cave, can I get a plot call on the sight thing.

Without a light what can we see?
With a light spell what can we see?
With a 'torch' (boffer) what can we see?

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruling Call please

Post  Vaylen on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Nursing knowledge to the rescue! So as we all know there are rods and cones that determine sight. Cones assist in sensing movement, shading, and color however their abilities require adequate lighting. Rods on the other hand allow us to see basic shapes and are far more potent in our peripheral vision. That said I would assume that torch lighting (and illumination spells for that matter) is around .01 candela at the source. The average person can discern basic shapes (such as walls) for 5-10 feet in dim light such as this but can only distinguish details and colors 1-3 feet. (because rods work better than cones in low light) therefore, to split the difference, I would assume that one could see figures with a light spell at around 7 feet and determine details (for example what kind of creature it is) at 2 feet and could read a scroll at 1 foot away or less. But again this is just an assumption based on real life, the official call goes to a marshal.
Vaylen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Factoid brought to you by KCTCS. Ooo! Do colorblind character types get bonuses?!?
Terik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 pm

The medical average is 5-10 feet which considers the advantage of colorblindness in those seeing in the dark, as well as those with a large diet of retinol and vitamin A. So no brother we get no advantage.
Vaylen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top