Time for diplomacy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time for diplomacy

Post  Vaylen on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:41 pm

My comrades and those who I choose to tolerate for the time being,
In the wake of the most disconcerting news of the self proclaimed Duke of Naringal, we must collaborate to find the most diplomatic way to handle the situation. Obviously, as it is well known that I despise the idea of nobility let alone to reprehensible nature of most nobility, I would be the farthest from establishing any form of diplomacy to the Douche of Naringal or any of his compatriots from Evendarr. That said, it has been proclaimed that any who can maintain the onus of keeping their land for one year officially claims right to such lands. Ergo, these Evendarrians do have a legal foothold to claim whatever land they believe they are capable of keeping. As there is no way that our “forces” as they are can reject the Evendumber forces from Naringal at this time, we should first attempt a diplomatic parley with the man whom has laid claim to our homes. But who will speak for those of us who have worked for so long and so hard in these lands as we have no governing body? I would suggest a council be formed to determine the best voice of the people. Though the words to me are a bile that cannot be stomached, this council would be in essence, a governing body for the people of Naringal. If we liberators had a governing body we would then be able to claim an audience with the Everdumb faction that has extended itself to our borders. While this is only a suggestion, I would recommend that some action be taken with haste before those of us in Haven and Docktown are overwrought with sympathizers of the Evendumber cause.
Vaylen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for diplomacy

Post  Micha_Amasai on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Vaylen,

I agree!, and while this is more on a long term goal, my thought where as such!

Those Leader over large groups and Guilds, would come together and form such a council. Thus as I see it now, this Council should consist of:
Master Stoneforge, Terik, Micah, Vaylen, Ti Tie, The Captain, Master E'nick, Master Kelvarn, and well as others that could possibly come aboard at later time!

Again this is just my initial thoughts and view on how things MIGHT could work in Naringal, but by all means STOP these self proclaimed nobles as well as other from lands wanted to take what we have worked for!

Micah

Naringal Guildmaster
Apprentice to Lord E'nick of Avalon's Crown
Eldest of the Amasai
Knight of Naringal

Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why.
Micha_Amasai

View user profile http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:32 pm

I agree with the Elf's list.
Arvil Boulderbreaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Master Amasai,
While I am oft to side with your in most issues I cannot claim fairness in your list. First there is a far too weighted presence from the military on this issue and though the military is a vital force, I cannot allow such an indulgence in a council that is supposed to speak for the people. Second I will have no part of such a council. While my intellect, logic, and wit can provide an asset I am not able to speak for any other than myself. Third, a council is meant to be a voice not a chorus. As this is a voice of the people, such a republic must consist of a true voice of the people. Militia members, Artisans, Scholars, and all other factions must have a voice. I emphasize the use of one voice. That said, I would nominate you, Master Amasai, to be the voice of the mage’s guild of course. However, we will need an elected voice of the Militia, of the Merchants, of the Mormegil, and any others who claim a sizable faction that still remains separate from others. Everyone who has made Naringal as their home must have an elected voice of equal weight for this to work.
Vaylen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Vaylen, if it is leaders of large groups, then the Captain or Terik for the Silver Lions, Kouga Lunic for his pack of wolf scavengers, Arazmus as bandoleer of the mormegils, and one of the smiths to represent the producers of items. We actually need more guilds to lead the people of certain trades and skills.
Arvil Boulderbreaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:52 am

Vaylen,

I agree, as my list was only to give a general idea. It would need many others in these parts to work successful. Adding those suggested by Arvil, as well as others such as heads of other establishing guilds, should give a council more balanced.

Naringal Guildmaster
Eldest of the Amasai
Knight of Naringal

Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Skarn Stoneforge on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:55 am

To ye all,

Me do not want a seat at this council but me wants a voice for the Stoneforge Council of Elders. We be using our representative as our voice and to protect our Clans interests. The Elders have decided that Arvil of Clan Boulderbreak be our representative this be our decision and it be done.

On the subject of forming a govering body or political group me suggest as to the Elders to have these choosen representatives meet to discuss and come up with a way to make things work. I mean to make a system that works with guide lines.

This be all that said by us

SKARN STONEFORGE
CLAN ELDER

P.S. Don't me down lad, and good luck to ye
Skarn Stoneforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:06 am

To all,

It boils my blood that they are back to take what we have cleared. Let me tell all you my experience with the hipocracy of Evendarr. I served as a Evendarrian marine for years till I made the rank of Master Chief. During that time I've seen laws broken by the very men and women that said to defend them. I've been made to do things I regreat and where not honorable. Those times are in the past, I will not be a serf under their yoke.

I left the lands of Evendarr with Leonardo Di'Garo much like many of you did to make a new life. So from this day forth 1st Company of Naringal backs and supports the creation of a council and the decisions it makes. But we do this not with out a voice for the humans and for the military itself.

Lt. Terik Locklain will be our voice he will confere with me and others of the 1st Company. So that our honor and the traditions of our men do not get tainted in the creation of a form of goverment in Naringal.

Captain Eric von Beckleheimer
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://swvnero.super-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:34 am

(Posted via messenger)

To everyone

I have heard what Vaylen has suggested and I knew this time would be coming and in dark of what I see it is now. I have said before Avalon's Crown did not come here to lead we have come to these lands for our own aggenda. Dante Laramin has been our voice for years and will ALWAYS be our voice, but he can not be in all places at once. We do wish to have a voice on this council to protect our interests and what we have already brokered here.

Now with that said I personally can not be this voice, I can help advise but that is it. I'm here to protect Lord Tel'Daarn and Avalon's Crowns personal agenda. I do suggest and with the time he has spent here over I, Kelvaren. He has whispering winded me the other day from the old elven tower in Amrun Taury. He has control of it but currently is under siege, he can leave anytime he wishes via spirt walking. So he will be our voice to protect our interests when he can in person, if he can not I will address it via letter.

So with that stated apprentice do have Kelvaren a seat at this council. If he can not show send me a letter and I will take care of it. If he can not I want you to take notes so I can read this over before confering with the other members of Avalon's Crown.

Also, I don't know if this helps but Lord Tel'Daarn did tell me that Crown of Evendarr didn't back this nobles claim, but that he does hold the title Viscount by birth alone.

Now with the current political situtation Evendarr and Willowdark are allies via the Accords of Avalon. But currently the only help that Willowdark has recieved has came from the Kingdom of Stonegate, the Mydrian Vally, and Naringal. All of these lands are not signers of the Accords of Avalon, which means personally in my mind this needs to change in Willowdark. I will be a big supporter of removing Willowdark from the Accords in the coming year. Since the only allies that has come to their banner has been these independant lands. But I do know that the people of Willowdark like their laws and it should be so as I was one of THE first people with Lord Tel'daarn to fight for their rights after the first expedition into these lands went missing.

So after things are set up I suggest making a pact with Stonegate. I have a old friend that is the Lord High Warden of these lands in the Kings house. If none of you can reach him I will take a delegation with me to these lands personally. This way Naringal can have a bigger voice in the political world of Avalon.

One last thing with my apprentice heading up the Mages Guild in Naringal I suggest having a voice for the Mages Guild as it has played an important part in getting the lands ready for this day.

Back to top Go down

Post  luvian parmaloche on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:05 pm

I suppose this is a good time to announce the formation of a merchants/tradespersons guild. I would welcome any thoughts on this and would ask that interested parties contact me. I was going to wait until I had a better grasp of things as they stand but it would seem I have run out of time. As soon as I can get things running we would put forth a nomination for a council member. I for one would not like to see these "nobles" take control of what we have here. I also would like to point out that a council can be just as tyrannical and wrong as a ruling class. I do agree with most of the nominations so far. Those I do not know I will wait to pass judgement on those I have not met. I would agree with Vaylen in that he is too outspoken for nobles to understand. There should be no compromise with those that wish to rule with no right. If it comes to fighting I would suggest guerilla tactics and disruption of supply lines. I am here for the opportunities given by freedom I will fight for them in any way I can.

luvian parmaloche

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 pm

I have been away for a few days discussing some private matters with me Clan Elders. One of which was me to represent Clan Stoneforge on this council. While I not be thinking I be the best for this, I prefer to let me axe talk more then me mouth, I will be accepting it representing the Dwarves of Clan Stoneforge.

Luvian,
I have long thought we have needed to tradesmen/merchants guild, but have not had the initiative or time to begin one. I am interested in hearing what ye thoughts are for the guild. As a Master Smith I would be interested in joining ye guild. please send word to me in private either by secure message here or by pigeon to me home (atomross13@yahoo.com)

Arvil Boulderbreaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:02 pm

To all,
So we are to fight the force of nobility and control by government by creating our own government? I am not opposed to the idea of a group of leaders speaking with the Evendarr but I do think we must use caution in what we call this group. If we tell them do not want to be citizens under anyone but then represent ourselves as a form of government we will make our selves seem hypocritical. If it is the wish of us all to have a representative of each group in Naringal here then I should wish to be present, as the bandoleer of an ever growing gypsy clan. From the outrageous claims made by the so called duke of Naringal I have serious doubts as to his capacity for reason, but if bloodshed can be prevented then it is a worthwhile venture to try.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Woo!

What am I being signed up for?! Terik and Arvil we need to meet as soon as you all can. Same with you Micah.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 am

Adventurers!

After much discussion the counsel has been decided!

Those that shall serve in the best interest in Naringal....

Terik Locklin - Representing the Order of Silver Lions
Micah Amasai - Representing the Mage's Guild and Guild Structure
Arvil Boulderbreaker - Representing the Dwarven Clans
Kelvaren - Representing Avalon's Crown
---
Vaylen Locklin - Shall serve as the Neutral Vote/Party should the counsel of 4 not reach a decision!

We would as that any concerns or ideas that you have, be address to one of these 4 counsel members and it shall be relayed to the rest of the group.

We want to see the BEST for Naringal, and WANT to hear your thoughts as well!

Micah

Naringal Guildmaster
Eldest of the Amasai
Knight of Naringal

Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am

Bout to say, anything with my name on it will not end well.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top