Protecting the Claims

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Protecting the Claims

Post  Terik on Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As Corporal of the 9th Section of Naringal, I would like to congratulate you for the liberation of the lands you claim. Our patrols routes have been modified, in great part to the assistance of Vaylen's maps, to help keep an eye on the claims when you can not be there yourself. I would be remiss, however, if I did not mention that we have seen an increase in small skirmishes to our patrols since your settlement efforts. Our "allies" in the area have heard rumors of counterattack massing. I do not intend to startle anyone, it is just a warning against complacency. We are closer to our goal of recapturing Amrun Taury!

To capitalize on the momentum we have gained, my men and I will assist any interested party in the construction of hasty fortifications of simple walls and lookout towers. We will provide the labor and the know how. Interested parties must allow us to cut the timber we need as well as assist me in the purchase of axes, saws, and other tools we will need. I do not need any coin now. Your word as a citizen of Naringal to pay when next we meet is enough.

As for the Locklains, we wish to claim an area of land to the South and West of Haven. My brother will be safer, and for some reason more content, in the Vintergas Moors. I wish to build a Military outpost to the West of Haven, where the forest, plains, and hills meet. This location will provide food, timber, and room for my men to train outside of the crowded confines of Haven. The location also provides a strategic benefit that it will prevent any cursed, foul undead from massing from the Moors and attacking Haven. More importantly, it will provide rear security in the event forces overrun your claims or the mines.

Be well until next we meet.

Terik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Protecting the Claims

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker on Mon May 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Corporal Locklain,

I will definitely help cover any expenses you and your men incur while building fortifications around our new settlement. I have an axe that you can have and will volunteer my services as as a guard for the workers as they clear the land and build the fortifications.

AB

Arvil Boulderbreaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik on Tue May 25, 2010 6:29 am

You'll need to hire carpenters from Haven to build homes, barns, and other settlement works. My men and I will build lines of defense. I just want to make perfectly clear, the fortifications we will build will only buy you some more time, not hold up to a siege. They will hold up to roving bands and skirmishers, but in case of an all out attack, fall back to the new military outpost my men are constructing or take shelter in the hasty fortifications. We are currently working on a signaling system so that any who see or hear may come to the aid of a location in distress. These defensive positions will, I hope, prevent another "baleful eye" for those who were there. If you do know know of the order of the baleful eye, take my word for it, these fortifications are vital to moving forward.

Terik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker on Tue May 25, 2010 10:28 am

Thank you Corp. Locklain for your help. I am willing to do my part to assist you and your men in all their efforts.

Micha Amasia please send word to me when you can we need to prepare for defending our lands. Ounoco has laid claim to lands next to ours, but will be unable to assist with anything at the moment as their is major upheaval in the Badger Clan at this time. I am attempting to recruit others to join us as there is safety in numbers.

Friends Brock and Viencent. I would like to hear from you as well about a propisition I have.

Arvil Boulderbreaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:38 pm

Dear Brother,

You station may have afforded you a modicum of influence; however it appears you are still firing the bow without knocking the arrow. Regardless of your position, we cannot lay claim to land that we have yet to conquer; unless you believe yourself already to be a haughty noble of these lands already. Our allied lands are still quite far from the Amrun Taury to say that we are a step closer to recapturing the ruins is like stating that we have won a war just by waking up.

Also I feel your “fortifications” may cause more harm than good. The area is far from clear and your men (no matter how well trained) may be hard pressed to ward off the goblin kin in the area. In addition the clearing of the forested areas may spark the wrath of the woodland inhabitants.
If our enemy forces were to attack it is in my opinion it would be during the next full moon when the goblin kin shamans’ powers are at their prime. I would propose that we gather the day of the full moon and scout our areas for any impending attack on the allied territories.

Let us face the facts, we have laid claim to the center of a hornets’ nest. We have the woods to the north, the Vintergas Moors to the south, The mines to the east and the great river to the west. We could face goblin kin, river trolls, fae creatures, venomous spiders, and a sea of undead and your forces' actions in the area (no matter how well intended) are bound to stir the hive. If we are to keep these lands we need to remain vigilant.

Vaylen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:01 pm

me and the Amasia have been patrolling our lands and have not yet seen any enemy activity. I understand your concerns Vaylen. I have been surprised by the lack of attacks. I would assume that the orcs, trolls, goblins, etc are planning for a massive attack on our holdings. As for other beasts being disturbed and attacking, I have been really confused by the lack of any sightings of any hostile beasts. No spiders, scorpions, wolves, insects, or creatures of any type have been seen. I do fear that our invasion into the lands and subsequent clearing and building may disturb larger creatures I hope that my biggest fear is not realized.

Oh how does your settlement in the Vintergas coming. I am attempting to hire some workers to clear me land and build a house or tavern.

Arvil Boulderbreaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top